June 26, 2008

Arrow

My entry for Klash this week. There is a slight twist to the kahani this time....In addition to the other rules, we had to base the entry on some mythological event/character/etc...makes it interesting. So here goes.....

When his visitors left, he turned to his wife. “I have to do my duty.”
“The consequences can be terrible for you.”
“But they are right. Think of that young girl. It will make a world of difference.”
“I’ll come with you.”
Armed with his bow and arrows he began his journey accompanied by his cuckoo, parrot, the gentle breeze, the lovely season of spring and his ever-loving, dutiful wife.
Their presence made the atmosphere cheerful and him hopeful. He saw the girl arrive. This was his chance. One arrow should do the trick. His wife prayed. Just as Kamadeva fired his passion filled arrow at Lord Shiva, his third eye blazed open……..

There are numerous versions to the story I alluded to. Here is one such lovely site.

No comments: