May 8, 2008

My dream mornin cuppa

Dunno why but reading the newspaper with a blissful cup of coffee has always been an unattained dream. have an amazing picture in my head ......sitting in the balcony of my apartment on anywhere between the 15-25th floor. with a huge cup of steaming hot coffee...a gentle breeze...the crisp news of the morning paper....some musical notes in the background...me sitting against the wall...in comfy cottons....the breeze gently playin with my hair (in the opposit direction of my face, of course!)...no care in the world...no regard for the ppt which just has to be mailed to the client today....no calls from pesky colleagues and inquisitive friends (I love u all but not more than my dream mornin cuppa:)...no doorbells from maidservants, dhobhis and kachdawalas. just half hour of the day....atleast on weekends...ok, maximum of once a week? alas, that is never to be so!
Unbelievable but true...mom has an auto sensor-cum-alarm which goes off the minute i touch the newspaper. 'Come and help me clean the veggies' or 'check who is at the door. if it is Mr.A then...Mr. B then... Mr.C ......' AAAAAAAAAAAAAARgh! Not fair.....cant i relish my brew in peace?
Thought i would have better luck when I got married. Ha! who was i kidding? The first month was good....hubby dearest made some damn good masala chai everyday mornin...i was out of my job....made the mega modification in my dream and changed the preferred brew from coffee to tea. But i had to drink it in 10 mins, make lunch and breakfast before he left for work. Hmmm
Worse i was up north (of India, of course) during its peak winter. So if went anywhere near the balcony the wind would play with my teeth and not my hair. Plan B was to try and drink my potion after packing off the husband to work. So it would be just me, my chai and the newspaper (not as crisp, due to the winter me thinks!) but then how could i forget? Momma dearest calls -'what are u doing? have u finished cooking? what did u cook?' and so on....Her sensors r powered to disregard the 1400 odd kms between Delhi and Mumbai......Maa tujhe Salaam!
Then i moved to Chennai........and my dreams came down with a crash from my 15th floor. Oh come on! Skyscraper in Chennai??? Still searching for one.........any info is most welcome:D

No comments: