March 31, 2008

Movie b(l)uff

I noted sumthin quite surprising....while i make it a point to watch almost every movie tht is churned out of the Bollywood factory (I even watched 'Jo bole so Nihaal' and 'Neal n Nikki'...Aha) I never get down to giving / penning down reviews...I can really never think beyond a couple of phrases about every movie. Most of them can be done with -'go watch it', 'avoid' or 'check it out if u hv nothn else to do'.
I am actually amazed at how many blogs get created for the primary purpose of movie reviewing...of takin the trouble to type out the story (Oh wait...is tht a Ctrl C Ctrl V thingy of the prev blog?) and commentin on the actors/ directors/ etc. Most movies dont deserve this distinction. As far as I can see....movies r hits or flops before they make it to the multiplexes. Its SRK / Hrithik.....people wud watch it....mostly irrespective of the reviews. Its Uday Chopra / Dino Morea.....u need to gift a free ticket to Paris. Then there r some ppl like me (Its we who run the show!) who watch almost everythin, purely a force of habit. So what does a review do really?
It influences a minority population about a miniscule number of movies which r somewhere between 'must watch' and 'oh puhleeeese'. Hmm interesting :)
Any1 seen 'Race' ?

1 comment:

The Pseudonym said...

I hate this movie review thing. It is just like when parents say "I know what's good for you" The truth is no one other than you can and will ever know what's good for you. But some of these movie reviews are hilarious reads especially if it is a CAPTAIN MOVIE.